WHAT IS THE NAVY SSR?
Navy SSR stands for SENIOR SECONDARY RECRUITMENT. As a Sailor, candidate will become part of a highly technical Organization. The one has to serve in powerful, modern ships such as Aircraft Carriers, Guided Missile Destroyers and Frigates, Replenishment Ships and highly technical and fascinating submarines and aircraft.
The work is divided among different teams for different kinds of jobs. It could be operating various equipment such as radars, sonars or communications or firing of weapons such as missiles, guns or rockets.
Candidates selected will undergo 22 weeks Basic Training at INS Chilka followed by Professional training in the allotted trade in various Naval Training Establishments. Branch/ Trade will be allocated as per the requirement of Service.
Navy SSR exam is conducted twice a year (in the month of September and March). The advertisement for the same is published in employment news, national leading daily and Indian Navy website in the months of June and December respectively.
ELIGIBILITY FOR NAVY SSR WRITTEN EXAMINATION
The candidate must be qualified in 10+2 examination with Maths & Physics and should have at least one of these subjects; Chemistry/Biology/Computer science from an Educational board recognized by Central/State Government.
The age for SSR candidates should be between 17-20 years on the day of enrolment.
The selection procedure of Navy SSR consists of mainly three stages. The first stage is consists of a computer-based written exam. Successful candidates of the first stage i.e. successful candidates in computer-based written tests are called for Physical Fitness Test. In the third stage, shortlisted candidates are examined medically as per medical standards prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors’ entry.
The final merit list is prepared after the medical examination. Final result and displayed on the Indian Navy website. Joining instructions are sent to students based on vacancies available as per the merit list.
Navy SSR is a Computer-based Examination.
- The question paper will be computer-based with a total of 100 questions, each carrying 01 marks.
- The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type (multiple-choice).
- The question paper will comprise of four sections i.e. English, Science, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
- The standard of the question paper will be that of 10+2 and the syllabus for the examination is available on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
- The duration of the examination will be one hour.
- The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate. The Navy reserves the right to determine the pass marks in each Section and in aggregate.
- Penalty for Wrong Answer. Candidates should note that there will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the question paper. There are four alternatives for the answer to every question. For each wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one fourth (0.25) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
PHYSICAL FITNESS TEST (PFT)
- Qualifying in Physical Fitness Test is mandatory for selection.
- PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups.
SYLLABUS FOR NAVY SSR EXAM
Physical World and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body/ Gravitation
Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Heat Thermodynamics, Oscillations, Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity
Magnetic Effect of Current and magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current, Electromagnetic Waves
Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiations, Atomic Nucleus/ Solid and Semi-Conductor Devices, Principles of Communication
Metals and Non-Metals, Organic Chemistry, Food, Nutrition and Health, Physiology and Human Diseases, Computer Science
Relations and Functions, Logarithms, Complex Numbers, Quadratics Equations, Sequences and Series, Trigonometry
Cartesian System of Rectangular Coordinates, Straight Lines Family of Straight Lines, Circles
Conic Section, Permutations and Combinations, Vectors, Exponential and Logarithmic Series, Sets and Set Theory, Statistics
Introduction to ThreeDimensional Geometry, Probability Function, Limits and Continuity, Differentiation, Applications of Derivatives
Indefinite Integrals Binomial Theorem, Matrices, Determinants, Definite Integrals
Passage, Preposition, Correction of sentences, Change active to passive/ passive to active voice
Change direct to indirect/indirect to direct, Verbs/Tense/Non Finite, Punctuation
Substituting phrasal verbs for expression, Synonyms, and Antonyms, Meanings of difficult words
Use of adjective, Compound preposition, Determiners (use of a, the, any etc), Use of pronouns
Culture and Religion, Geography: Soil, Rivers, Mountains, Ports, Inland Harbours, Freedom Movement
Sports: Championships/ Winners/ Terms/ No of Players, Defence, Wars and Neighbours, Current Affairs
Important National Facts about IndiaHeritage, Arts, Dance, History, National-Languages, Bird, Animal, Song, Flag, Monuments, Capitals & Currencies
Common Names, Full forms and Abbreviations, Discoveries, Diseases and Nutrition, Award and Authors, Eminent Personalities
Spatial, Numerical, Reasoning & Associative Ability, Sequences, Spellings Unscrambling, Coding and Decoding
RESULTS OF NAVY SSR EXAMINATION
Results of the Navy SSR written exam is declared in 1-2 months after the written exam. The same can be viewed on https://www.joinindiannavy.gov.in. Being a competitive exam and there is no fixed cut off percentage for passing. Candidates who perform better are sent the call letters for PET. The final merit list is prepared after the PET and Medical, the final result is displayed on the Indian Navy website. Joining instructions are sent to students based on vacancies available as per the merit list.