10+2 TES Entry stands for Technical Entry Scheme Entry, as the name suggests It is a technical entry to get into the Indian Army as an officer. TES is more or less like UES and TGC entries of the Indian army, but in the case of UES and TGC candidates apply for it after doing their engineering from outside. But, TES is an opportunity for the aspirants to join the technical branch of the Indian army after 10+2 but as per the vacancies, candidates can join other fields also like infantry, artillery, etc.
Eligibility Criterion for 10+2 TES Entry:
Nationality: A candidate must be a citizen of one of the following nations:
- Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire Ethiopia, and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv)
- Above, shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility issued by Govt of India is necessary, may be admitted to the examination provisionally subject to the necessary certificate being given to him by the Govt before the declaration of result by SSB or joining the training.
Age: 16½ years and above 19½ years
Education: Only those candidates who have passed 10+2 Examination or its equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 70% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics from recognized education boards are eligible to apply for this entry. Eligibility conditions for calculating PCM % of various state /central boards will be based on marks obtained in Class XII only.
About 10+2 TES Entry Vacancies:
Approx 90 Vacancies are provisional for the 10+2 TES Entry. Vacancies may change (increase/decrease) depending on the training capacity at the training Academy for this course. The vacancies are subject to increase/decrease keeping the organizational requirement at the point of time.
10+2 TES Entry Application Procedure:
The application will only be accepted online. To do so the candidate needs to click on the “online application” button on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
- Candidates must enter their particulars in the online application. Terms and conditions linked to the form must be read, prior to submitting the form.
- After submitting the form an acknowledgment with a Roll number will be provided to the candidate. If the system does not generate Roll Number, it is an indication of the non-acceptance of the application by the system.
- After submitting the online application, candidates are required to obtain two copies of the application printout and the Roll Number generated by the system.
- One copy of the print out application duly Signed by the candidate will be carried to the selection center for the SSB interview.
- The following documents will be carried along with the Application Form:- (i) Class 10th certificate/mark sheet showing DOB in original. (ii) Class 12th certificate/mark sheet in the original. (iii) ID proof in original
- Two self-attested photocopies of the above mentioned certificates will be submitted at the time of SSB interview and originals will be returned after verification at the SSB itself.
- 20 copies of self attested PP size photograph will also be carried along with the Application Form.
- The second copy of the printout of the online application is to be retained by the candidate for his reference. No need to send any hard copy to DG Rtg / Rtg Dte.
- Candidates must submit only one application; Receipt of multiple applications from the same candidate will result in cancellation of candidature.
10+2 TES Entry Training Details:
The total training period for the selected candidates of 10+2 TES Entry will be of 5 years, Details are as given below:
- Basic Military Training: 1 year (Officer Training Academy Gaya).
- Technical Training: Technical Training is divided into two parts i.e. Phase I and Phase II
- Phase-I (Pre Commission Training): 3 Years (CME Pune or MCTE Mhow or MCEME Secunderabad),
- Phase-II (Post Commission Training): 1 year at CME Pune or MCTE Mhow or MCEME Secunderabad.
- Award of Degree: The candidates will be awarded an Engineering degree after successful completion of training. No ante date seniority will be admissible to candidates on account of this Engineering degree. In case they fail to qualify in the following year examination, the same will result in loss of seniority to them and they will forfeit seniority to the extent of delay in passing Engineering degree examination. If they fail to qualify even within three years of their commissioning, their commission will be terminated.
10+2 TES Entry Selection Procedure:
Candidates will be shortlisted based on cut % applied as decided by the Rtg Dte.
- Shortlisted candidates will be intimated via e-mail /SMS regarding their Selection Centre allotment.
- Once Selection Centre has been allotted, candidates will select their SSB dates on first cum first serve basis by logging on to respective Selection Centre links forwarded via e-mail.
- Shortlisted candidates will be put through the Services Selection Board (SSB) interview at Bhopal, Bengaluru or Allahabad.
- The duration of the SSB interview is of five days. During their stay at SSB Centers, Candidates are put through Psychological Tests, Group Tests, and an Interview.
- Candidates will be put through stage – I of the selection procedure on the first day. Only successful candidates shall be retained for the balance of the testing. Candidates who fail to qualify in stage – I, will be returned on the first day itself. Stage I have psychologically originated tests including intelligence tests.
- Successful candidates at the SSB will be required to undergo medical tests lasting 3 to 5 days less Sundays and gazetted holidays.
- Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit will be appointed for training in the order of merit, depending on the number of vacancies available.
- The finally selected candidates will execute all the Bonds/Certificates as prescribed for the Cadets of NDA entry under Al 53/78.
Candidates appearing for SSB interview for the first time for a particular type of commission shall be entitled to AC III-tier to and fro railway fare or bus fare including reservation cum sleeper charges within the Indian limits. Candidates who apply again for the same type of commission will not be entitled to traveling allowance on any subsequent occasion.
The candidates will be given a stipend of Rs. 21,000/- p.m. (Rs 15,600/- as pay in Pay Band plus Grade Pay of Rs. 5,400/-) as is admissible to NDA cadets on completion of 3 years training. On completion of 4th Year’s training, they will be commissioned in the rank of Lt and entitled to pay as admissible to the rank.