The AFCAT exam 2019 has been held on 16 and 17 February 2019. This job does not only provide a challenging career to candidates but also an amazing pay. If you are also willing to appear in this exam and preparing for it, it is essential to go through the exam pattern first so that you could have a significant idea about whole exam pattern.
In this blog post, we have tried to solve all your queries related to AFCAT exam. Let’s take a look:
- Nationality – Candidate must be citizen of India
- Age – Differs according to Flying branch and ground duty branch
- Marital status – As per the guidelines of IAF
- Educational Qualifications: It also varies according to Flying branch and ground duty branch
AFCAT Exam Guide and Selection Process
Indian air force conducts this exam twice a year where
- Time Duration: 02 hours
- Number of Questions: 100
- Marking Criteria: +3 for each correct answer
- Negative Marking: -1 for each incorrect answer
- Number of Sections: 4 (Verbal ability, Numerical Ability, General Awareness and Reasoning and Military aptitude)
- Mode of Examination: Online
AFCAT Exam Syllabus
- General Awareness – Geography, environment, civics, history, sports or basic science etc.
- Verbal Ability in English – Comprehension, Error Detection, Sentence Completion, Synonyms, Antonyms and Testing of Vocabulary.
- Numerical Ability – Decimal Fraction, Simplification, Average, Profit & loss
- Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test – Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability.
Stage 1– There is AFCAT Written Exam for the Non-Technical candidates; and AFCAT+EKT for the Technical candidates.
Stage 2: AFSB Interview.
Stage 3: Medical Test.
It is mandatory to appear in the written exam for all the candidates of AFCAT. Also, if you have applied for the technical posts, you need to appear in the Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT). For details, you can go to official site.
- How To Join Army Navy and Air Force After 12th as an officer
- Air Force Group X & Y 2020: Syllabus & Exam Pattern
- How to prepare for the Air Force Group X and Y exam in 3 months?
All the Best
Team Rashtra Defence Academy